A “Moodle Resource” allows you to connect your students to the course iLearn (Moodle) page through Course Hub. Course Hub saves your students time by putting all of your online resources in one place.
1. Log into Course Hub at http://courses.miis.edu with your MIIS username and password.
2. On the left, under “My Semester Dashboard” click on the academic term you plan to add resources to (e.g. Spring 2014 - MIIS).
3. Next to the course you want to add a MIIS iLearn Moodle resource to, click the grey “Manage Resources” button. This will take you to a “Resource” page for the course.
4. To add a MIIS iLearn Moodle resource, click on the “+ Add a Resource” link in the course menu. This will take you to the Resource content type management page with the following options:
- ERES Resource
- Link Resource
- Moodle Resource
- RSS Feed Resource
- SANSSpace Resource
- WordPress Resource
To proceed with adding a new (and empty of content) Moodle resource, click "Moodle Resource" in the list of content types.
5. Next, configure the new Moodle resource for the following settings:
Resource/Link Title (*required)
Default is set to "Moodle Site".
Notes: You do not need to change the default. If you would like to rename you may. Changes to the link will not effect your Moodle settings or your Course Hub.
Description (not required)
Default is set to empty.
Notes: You do not need to change the default. If you would like to add a brief note here about how the Moodle course will be used, you may. Changes to the link will not affect your Moodle settings or your Course Hub.
Available to students?
Default is "This course site is not available to students".
Notes: You should not change the default until you are ready for registered students to have access to your Moodle content. Changes to this setting will affect your Moodle course availability settings
Who can view the link and updates? (*required)
Default is "The Class".
Notes: You generally should not change the default. Changes to this setting may affect your Moodle course availability settings.
Connect to an existing Moodle course by ID
Default is blank.
Notes: You should leave this blank to create a new Moodle course site. Do not attempt to link to an existing Moodle course site without help from the MIIS Information Technology Help Desk.
6. Finally, click "Save" to proceed with adding a new Moodle course resource. Be patient after clicking "Save." A web services request between Bannerweb and MIIS iLearn has been initiated and this step may take 5-20 seconds to complete. Once complete, a link to your empty Moodle resource will appear. You can now access you Moodle resource directly from the Course Hub dashboard.